tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bobi St <temporaryb...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Tomcat 7: Why is JDK needed ?
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2011 22:02:24 GMT
Hi,

--- Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org> schrieb am Mo, 1.8.2011:

On 01/08/2011 22:27, Bobi St wrote:

> So we dont need JDK_HOME, and the message

Correct.

> is obsolete.

Wrong. The message is correct-------------------------------------------------------Well,
it is obsolete in a way, because setting JAVA_HOME to JRE gives the message : "NB: JAVA_HOME
should point to a JDK not a JRE". Why not only to set JRE_HOME ?!? Pointing at JDK from JAVA_HOME
works however. ... Well, the messaging seems at least to me a little confusing.
===========================C:\apache-tomcat-7.0.8\bin>startup
Neither the JAVA_HOME nor the JRE_HOME environment variable is defined
At least one of these environment variable is needed to run this program
D:\apache-tomcat-7.0.8\bin>set JAVA_HOME=c:\Program Files\Java\jre6

D:\apache-tomcat-7.0.8\bin>startup
The JAVA_HOME environment variable is not defined correctly
This environment variable is needed to run this program
NB: JAVA_HOME should point to a JDK not a JRE