tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Venkata Surapaneni <vsurapan...@imedx.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 5.5.28 on 64 bit windows server 2008.
Date Sun, 21 Aug 2011 10:26:16 GMT
And on top of this all the log look clean. Nothing looks suspicious.

====================================================================================================================

As suggested I have installed the latest version(5.5.33) of Tomcat 5.5.x. After installing
I have typed in the browser 'http://localhost' to check if the tomcat is installed properly.
The home page is displayed indicating that the installation is fine. Then I typed in ip address
of the machine 'http://10.4.2.10' and page not found page is displayed. This is exactly the
same problem why we have downgraded the version. There are no changes or customizations made
 to the installation. It was default installation and the only change is to use port 80 instead
of 8080.

The below is the server.xml file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<Server port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">
  <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener" />
  <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener" />
  <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener" />
  <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.storeconfig.StoreConfigLifecycleListener"/>

  <GlobalNamingResources>

    <Environment name="simpleValue" type="java.lang.Integer" value="30"/>

              type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"
          pathname="conf/tomcat-users.xml" />

  </GlobalNamingResources>

  <Service name="Catalina">

               connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true" />

    <Connector port="8009"
               enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443" protocol="AJP/1.3" />

             resourceName="UserDatabase"/>

      <Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps"
       unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"

      </Host>

    </Engine>

  </Service>