tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Venkata Surapaneni <vsurapan...@imedx.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 5.5.28 on 64 bit windows server 2008.
Date Sun, 21 Aug 2011 02:58:07 GMT
We have a requirement to stick to 5.x version as of now. We tried using the latest version
of 5.5.x, but we encountered a issue. After installing the tomcat and if we check in the browser
as localhost, it is working fine. But if we try accessing using IP address, then the Tomcat
home page is not displayed. The result is same for all the versions later than 5.5.28. Not
sure what is causing this or what needs to be done to fix this. So we started using 5.5.28.

-----Original Message-----
From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2011 3:15 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat 5.5.28 on 64 bit windows server 2008.

kiran surapaneni wrote:
> We are setting up Tomcat 5.5.28 on 64 bit Windows server 2008.

Why are you doing this on a new system ? The current version of Tomcat is 7.0.20, and between
Tomcat 5.5.28 (itself not the most recent version of Tomcat 5.5), there was already Tomcat
6.0 (current version 6.0.33).

Understand : it is not /forbidden/ to use an older version, but the level of support you will
get will always be better on a more recent version.
Specially for issues such as the one you mention.