tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sai Pullabhotla <>
Subject Uploading large files and session timeout
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2011 14:25:17 GMT
We have an application that uploads files using a Servlet deployed in
Tomcat 6. While this works most of the times, occasionally we run into
issues uploading large files. If the upload takes longer then the
session timeout, the session gets invalidated right after the upload.
Tis means no further requests are accepted unless the user logs back
in. Is this the expected behavior? Is there any way to work around
this and keep the session active? I guess one way to fix this is to
have a large session timeout like an hour or two, but we prefer not to
do that for obvious reasons.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sai Pullabhotla

To unsubscribe, e-mail: