tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <>
Subject Re: thread name in extended access log valve
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2011 22:14:31 GMT
2011/7/21 Anthony J. Biacco <>:
> No biggie. Wish I knew more java than hello world to help with a patch.
> Heck, I didn't even know about the extended valve until I read the
> 7.0.19 changelog and then docs.

Create an enhancement request in bugzilla. Maybe somebody will take a
look at it.

Formally the Extended AccessLog Valve follows the log format specified
by W3C in

Apparently the log format allows application-specific log field
identifiers, if those are prefixed with "x-".  So something like
"x-thread" should be fine.

1) maybe you can use a filter or valve to add an attribute to the
request that contains thread name, and then print it using x-R(name)

2) async requests can be processed by several threads. Apparently
AccessLogValve will print the name of the last thread that was
processing this request.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

To unsubscribe, e-mail: