tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 6.0.32 stops responding
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2011 19:29:36 GMT
2011/7/11 PJ Delsh <pjdelsh007@hotmail.com>:
> 2- I don't know where in the Tomcat logs or Apache config to look for the connector we
are using.

In Tomcat logs when Tomcat is starting up and is opening ports.

For AJP connector and Tomcat 6 the following lines mean that it is
using Java (Bio) implementation of AJP connector:

11.07.2011 19:55:59 org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket init
INFO: JK: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009

and the following if APR implementation is used:

11.07.2011 23:26:13 org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpAprProtocol start
INFO: Starting Coyote AJP/1.3 on ajp-8009

The difference is in the class name on the first line of the message.

> 5- I would like to eventually setup more than one Tomcat to act as a failover.

It is documented. Also search archives of this mailing lists - people
sometimes post examples of their configuration.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko