tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <>
Subject Re: Session cookie max age
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2011 00:54:59 GMT
2011/7/14 Josh Simmons <>:
> Our web.xml file minus listeners and servlet config.  I also removed some taglib definitions.
> <!DOCTYPE web-app
>    PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN"
>    "">

Eh...  remove the above. It isn't servlet 2.3 webapp, isn't it?

> <web-app xmlns=""
>  xmlns:xsi=""
>  xsi:schemaLocation="
>            "
>  version="3.0">

If you'll add the following line into conf/, Tomcat
will validate your web.xml file according to the schema:

You are not saying what release of Tomcat 7.0.x you are using.

1) Tomcat won't send Set-Cookie when session id is already known
(either from this webapp or  from webapp on its parent path such as

See code that calls

2) The Cookie header sent by the web browser does not include neither
Path nor Expires/Max-Age values.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

To unsubscribe, e-mail: