tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sudeep Pradhan <pradh...@vmware.com>
Subject RE: Tomocat 6.0.20 Comet END Event *NOT RAISED* when connection is terminated
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2011 17:33:09 GMT
Pid,

I tried Tomcat 6.0.32.. no luck yet. Even ERROR event is not raised.

Also, I am seeing something weird (may not be related to this problem, but think its worth
mentioning). I am seeing stale response on a new connection from curl. I validated this by
changing the Accept Header from application/xml to application/json, I get 1 response in xml
format and then the connection hangs. Then I do a Ctrl-C and re-try with json. I get the json
response. Are the request response object not recycled properly? What can be the possible
reason for this?

Thanks,
Sudeep

-----Original Message-----
From: Pid [mailto:pid@pidster.com]
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2011 12:32 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomocat 6.0.20 Comet END Event *NOT RAISED* when connection is terminated

On 28/07/2011 20:42, Sudeep Pradhan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a CometProcessor Servlet which is used for streaming system events  to a http
client. I have SSL enabled on the server. I use *curl* as the http client. I get streaming
events on the console. But when I do a Ctrl-C on the console there no End event is raised
and hence the connection is not cleaned up (I have connection registry for keeping track of
clients).  What can be the explanation for this scenario?

> Thanks,
> Sudeep

Are you able to upgrade to 6.0.32?  There have been many fixes to the
NIO connector since 6.0.20 - not that this is necessarily your problem.

Does the ERROR event fire when curl stops?