tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Frey <rainer.f...@inxmail.de>
Subject Re: Tomcat 6 not working with JDBC driver for MySQL
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2011 06:04:45 GMT

On 25.07.2011, at 22:40, A Df wrote:

> Dear All:
>
> I have read numerous posts and documentation and now I really need help.
>

> I am using the following:
>
> Product Version: NetBeans IDE 7.0 (Build 201104080000)
>
> I performed the steps below as follows:
>
> I have added the MySQL Connector/J JDBC Driver to the $CATALINA_HOME/lib directory
> However, it gives the error:
> org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create JDBC driver
> OR
> java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver

Are you launching Tomcat from within Netbeans? Then I'd suspect that Netbeans sets it
up with its own configuration, and esp. with a project specific class path. Most instructions
out there imply that you launch Tomcat with the supplied scripts or service utilities, and
not with
an IDE plugin.

Try
* launching Tomcat manually, by shell/batch scripts OR
* add the JDBC driver also to your Netbeans project class path

Rainer