tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Miller" <>
Subject RE: JNA class path with tomcat
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2011 18:14:37 GMT
The problem is undoubtedly your .dll or .so is not in the correct directory. Normally you need
place those files in /tomcat but that assumes that /tomcat is your current directory when
startup. Essentially you need to ensure that you are starting tomcat from the base directory
also contains your native code, then everything will work fine.

You may also want to ensure you're specifying the native files directly to ensure you're not
a security opening for someone to hack your application (and your client's computer). Also
the load library call in a catch Throwable can be very helpful if you log the exception (one
of the
few times a catch Throwable is not a bad thing).

-----Original Message-----
From: charithsoori []
Sent: July 8, 2011 7:40 PM
Subject: JNA class path with tomcat

I am trying to run a web application which is which using JNA . My
application work fins as standalone and when it configured as a web app
tomcat it giving  error "

com/stibocatalog/hunspell/HunspellLibrary " . It seems native library
not loading. How I can solve this problem

Best Regards

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message