tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Comet: How to send *Chunked* response
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2011 19:37:11 GMT
On 25/07/2011 19:23, Sudeep Pradhan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using CometProcessor to stream event notifications from server to client. The events
are generated at random.  I want to send the notification with Transfer Encoding as chunked
so that I can use Apache's ChunkedInputStream to parse the output.

> I get the PrintWriter from the ServletResponse using the getWriter() and I write the
event notification on this writer. I want this to be in chunk format of length-payload. Currently
I do the following:

> PrintWriter writer = connection.getWriter();
> for (int j = 0; j < pendingEvents.length; j++) {
>                                 String eventString = converter.convert(pendingEvents[j]);
>                                 eventString.concat("\r\n");
>                                 final String length = Integer.toHexString(eventString.length());
>                                 writer.print("\r\n" + length + "\r\n");
>                                 writer.print(eventString);
>                                 //logger.info("Writing:" + eventString);
> }
>
> But this generates a Bad Chunk size exception on client.

Just write and flush the content. Tomcat will handle the chunking for you.

Mark