tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat behind Apache and security-constraint
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2011 14:29:37 GMT
Adrián Córdoba wrote:
> André:
>   This is in my URL bar of Chrome or Firefox:
>       http://localhost/Andromeda

Ok. That, *and* the fact that you have a single VirtualHost, explains why it works, and
explains the log entries.
But it works *only* because you have a single VirtualHost, and in Apache the first listed

VirtualHost is the default host, despite the fact that you have the line
ServerName ASIA
(In Tomcat it is different, and the default Host is explicitly indicated)

Now again, did you install the recommended plugin into Firefox, and did you examine the
requests/responses which lead to your blank page ?

Also again :
- because in your particular setup this is not impossible
and
- because we (contrary to you) do not see the content of your pages

we cannot be sure that the browser request which returns the blank page really comes back

from Tomcat, through Apache.

So you must examine, step by step, what happens in the browser/server dialog.
And the best/easiest way to do that in this case is with such a browser plugin.

The rest is a waste of time for everyone, you included.