tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 7, isapi_redirect, IIS 7 - blank page
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2011 14:49:30 GMT
Hi.

Let's see how quickly we can solve this..
(Considering that you've already spent 2 months on it, getting a really good percentage
improvement should not be that hard).

First, let's verify if Tomcat, on its own, handles JSP pages correctly.
For that we will bypass IIS, and go directly from the browser to Tomcat.
I will presume that both IIS and Tomcat are on the same machine.
And that Tomcat, in its "server.xml" file, has a HTTP Connector set to listen on port
8080, and that this port 8080 is not blocked on your Windows host by something.

Given all the above, what happens if you call one of these JSP's from your browser, using

the normal URL, but just appending ":8080" to the hostname in the URL ?
For example, if what you tried until now was :
http://www.douglasmcgregor.co.uk/something.jsp
then try
http://www.douglasmcgregor.co.uk:8080/something.jsp
(adapt as necessary for the real test URL)

What is the result ?

Douglas McGregor wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm getting really desperate with this - I've been at it for about a couple
> of months now and still no further forward.  The strange thing is that
> this works absolutely fine in IIS 7.5 with Tomcat 7 on my laptop which runs
> Windows 7, but is persistantly throwing a blank page on IIS 7 with Windows
> Server 2008 - it
> gives a blank page when I add the Handler Mapping in IIS, but just shows
> source code when I delete the Handler Mapping.

That means that you have done at least one thing which you should not have done : allow
IIS to access these pages directly, without going through Tomcat.
That is a security issue, but it can be corrected later.