tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Redeployment of war File stopps suddenly
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2011 07:53:24 GMT
Alexander Diedler wrote:

> <Context path="" docBase="D:/tecracer/apps/app1/" privileged="true"
> reloadable="true" unpackWAR="true" antiJARLocking="true">

> In the Server.xml we have inside the Engine:
>
> <Host name="app1 " appBase="D:/tecracer/apps/app1" unpackWARs="true"
> deployOnStartup="true">

Without knowing if that /is/ your problem, I think one problem may exist above anyway :
you are deploying this application within the Host's appBase, but are specifying a docBase

in its context.xml (even if they both point to the same place).

If I had to risk a guess, I would say that Tomcat may be trying to deploy/undeploy your
app several times, with concurrent threads, and they step on eachother and get confused.

See : http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/context.html#Introduction
Section : "Locate the WAR and/or directory outside of the Host's appBase and use a
context.xml file with a docBase attribute to define it."

The operative word is *outside*

No ?

Also, in your Host tag, there is a space in the name.  Is that a typo ?