tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Error dialog with the word "environment" misspelled as "envionment"
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2011 22:39:02 GMT
Eric Hawkes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are attempting to upgrade our product from using tomcat 6.0.29 to 6.0.32 (and also
 upgrade to the latest patch of Java 6).  This process has been rocky, and when I installed
the latest version of our product on windows, the tomcat service would not start, and I saw
an error dialog (below) with text:

> The {0} envionment variable does not point to a working 32-bit JDK or JRE
>
> If windows does not auto-correct it, you will see that the word "environment" is misspelled
as "envionment" - missing the letter "r".

> [cid:image001.png@01CC4558.95A81140]
>

> I'm sure the cause of the error is in our own product.  I only mention it because when
I saw an anonymous error dialog with a misspelled word, my first thought was that I had a
computer virus or some other malware.  If there is a spelling error in a tomcat dialog, I'm
sure somebody is fastidious enough to want to fix it.

> Can anybody verify whether this dialog was really generated by tomcat?
>
> This probably isn't relevant, but I am running Windows 7 Professional on a 64-bit machine.
 We are, in fact, bundling a 32-bit JRE in our product.  Tomcat was installed via a zipfile,
but probably configured incorrectly.  Once again, I am not asking for help determining the
cause of the error dialog: I am merely reporting the typographical error.

The information above is a bit confusing.
Are you running Tomcat as a Windows Service ?
How is Tomcat being started ?