tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Passing user id from web page to tomcat webapp
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2011 14:45:02 GMT
David kerber wrote:

>> Tomcat 7 has SPNEGO support, which might enable cross-server SSO, but
>> I'm speculating there.
>
> I'll see if that might help; I've never heard of it.

That is the "the newly-released "authenticator Valve" (?) available in Tomcat 7 " solution

I was talking about.

David, getting the Windows user-id in Tomcat is quite complicated, because Windows
authentication is complicated.
Since you already have an IIS server involved, by far the easiest way is my solution (1),

which can be set up easily with an IIS-Tomcat connector (the IIS-oriented version of
mod_jk).  See : http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/webserver_howto/iis.html