tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David kerber <dcker...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Passing user id from web page to tomcat webapp
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2011 14:35:34 GMT
On 7/14/2011 10:20 AM, Pid wrote:
> On 14/07/2011 15:04, David kerber wrote:

>>> You need to specify what you use to forward requests from IIS to Tomcat.
>>> If you are using Isapi_Redirect, then set the attribute
>>> "tomcatAuthentication" to false in the Tomcat AJP<Connector>  (in
>>> server.xml).
>>
>> I'm not "forwarding" at all.  The call to tomcat from the IIS page is
>> just the "action" parameter of the form.  The only connector is the
>> standard http 1.1 connector.
>
> If their username&  password really is configured in IIS, were you
> hoping that Tomcat would magically interface with that?   :s

No, I was just hoping that some request header or parameter with the
user name would be carried over when the call was made to the servlet,
but it's not doing so.  I don't need to fully authenticate them again,
but do need their user ID.

Any other suggestions, or am I going to have to go a different route?

> Tomcat 7 has SPNEGO support, which might enable cross-server SSO, but
> I'm speculating there.

I'll see if that might help; I've never heard of it.