tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat is not able to connect to IPV4 (Tomcat Version : 7.0.14)
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 11:52:54 GMT
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: Rohan Kadam [mailto:rohanka@cybage.com]
>> Subject: RE: Tomcat is not able to connect to IPV4 (Tomcat Version : 7.0.14)
>
>> I tried again. And still not successful, please find the stack trace below -
>
>> INFO: I/O exception (java.net.ConnectException) caught when processing request: Connection
refused: connect
>> Jul 13, 2011 12:10:36 PM org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector executeWithRetry
>> INFO: Retrying request
>> java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
>>         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
>>         at com.symantec.lua.util.rcl.HttpHelper.open(HttpHelper.java:209)
>>         at com.symantec.lua.manager.config.ConfigManagerUtil.testServerConnection(ConfigManagerUtil.java:82)
>>         at com.symantec.lua.manager.config.ConfigManagerUtil.testServerConnection(ConfigManagerUtil.java:30)
>>         at com.symantec.lua.presentation.common.ServerStatusAction.doAction(ServerStatusAction.java:148)
>>         at com.ultimatetech.console.core.presentation.action.ActionThread.run(ActionThread.java:76)
>>         at com.ultimatetech.console.core.presentation.action.CoreAction.execute(CoreAction.java:184)
>
> Note that this has _nothing_ to do with Tomcat.  Contrary to your subject line, it's
not Tomcat that is unable to connect to some external server, it's your webapp, in particular
code in:

> com.ultimatetech.console.core.presentation.action.CoreAction

Unless the external webserver to which this web application is trying to connect, is also

a Tomcat server, and the <Connector> shown was the one of that webserver (C in my previous

message).  This is what I was trying to confirm (or not), because Rohan's communications
so far were not very clear in that respect.