tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Terence M. Bandoian" <tere...@tmbsw.com>
Subject Terminating Timer Thread Gracefully
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2011 01:06:37 GMT
  Hi-

I've been testing a web application on:

Tomcat 6.0.32 (32-bit)
Sun/Oracle JRE 1.6.0_25 (32-bit)
Windows Server 2008 R2

The web application includes a ServletContextListener which creates a
Timer in the contextInitialized method to perform periodic maintenance.
To no avail, I spent quite a bit of time trying to eliminate the "The
web application appears to have started a thread..." error message from
the logs including logging the cancellation of the timer in the
contextDestroyed method of the ServletContextListener.  Finally, in
contextDestroyed, I inserted a call to Thread.sleep after canceling the
timer and the error message disappeared.

Is there some other way to eliminate this message that I've missed?

-Terence Bandoian