tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: HANDLER THREAD PROBLEM: java.io.IOException: Stream broken
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2011 15:00:43 GMT
Petr Hracek wrote:
> Upgrading to the latest version of tomcat is not so easy on the customer side.
> It needs time therefore we have only tomcat 5.5 version. Under SLES10
> there is tomcat 5.5 version on the SLES11 there is tomcat 6 version.

Allright then, we all have similar customer cases.
And I guess that moving to tomcat 5.5 from tomcat 3.x can already be seen as a giant leap

forward (4 years behind instead of 7).  Keep it up and you may some day even catch up with

a current Tomcat version.

The problem with older Tomcat versions is like with old cars : as time passes, it becomes

more difficult and expensive to find the spare parts and the mechanics who know how to fix

them.