tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: NPE at StandardWrapperValve.invoke() in Tomcat 7.0.16
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2011 23:10:01 GMT
On 08/07/2011 22:25, eurotrans-Verlag wrote:
> Hi Christopher,
>

>> The compiler must have gotten smarter than the last time I checked.
>>

> I'm sorry: I compiled that code with the Eclipse compiler. When compiling it with the
Oracle Java compiler (javac), it prints out the line number of the "System.out.println".
> Maybe if Tomcat was compiled with the standard Java compiler, it could be that on the
NPE at StandardWrapperValve.invoke(), also "context" was null, like in the NPE at StandardContextValve.invoke().

7.0.16 (assuming you downloaded the binary from the ASF) was built with
the 64-bit Windows Oracle JDK. You can check exactly which version by
looking at the manifest of any of the JARs.

Mark