tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Deploying emboss in Opal2
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2011 13:21:05 GMT
jeroen vannevel wrote:

>> Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 14:04:37 +0200
>> From: aw@ice-sa.com
>> To: users@tomcat.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: Deploying emboss in Opal2
>>
>> jeroen vannevel wrote:
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> I've installed Opal2 on my Tomcat 5.5.33 server and now I'd like to make the
emboss programs available in this.
>>> I've been working on this for two days and I just seem to trample at the same
spot.
>>> Perhaps someone has the required files or could tell me how to deal with this
specific case?
>>> I've tried compiling all the emboss programs and put them in a .war package but
after uploading this to Tomcat I just keep getting 'The requested r=
>>> esource () is not available.' error messages.
>>>
>> It is possible that someone here would not the emboss application, but more likely
that
>> they would not.  This is just a preliminary to ask : does the emboss program have
>> mailing list, and did you ask there ?
>>
>> Other than that, it would help if you provide some additional details :
>> - on what platform are you trying this ?
>> - where (in what directory) is Tomcat installed ?
>> - what is the path to the Tomcat "webapps" directory ?
>> - what is the name of your .war file ?
>> - how are you uploading your .war file to Tomcat ?
>> - where does the .war file end up when it is uploaded ?
>> - in the Tomcat configuration file ..(tomcat_dir)/conf/server.xml, there is (at least)
one
>> <Host> tag.  Can you copy it here ?
>>

> They do, but I've just signed up there and I'm not sure if it's a very active one. Figured
I might as well test my luck and ask here.

> As for additional information:
>
> - Ubuntu 11.04
> - /home/myname/Downloads/apache-tomcat-5.5.33/
> - /home/myname/Downloads/apache-tomcat-5.5.33/webapps/
> - emboss.war
> - using the built-in File-Upload menu in Tomcat's Manager. (so the 2nd option to deploy
an app)
> - /home/myname/Downloads/apache-tomcat-5.5.33/webapps/emboss.war
>
> <Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps"
>        unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
>        xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false">
>        <Alias>10.0.102.165</Alias>
> </Host>

At first sight, that all looks good to me (except a detail irrelevant here)
Next questions :
- what is the URL you use, to try to access this application ?
- what do the Tomcat logfiles say ?

.. and, if the URL you used was not the same, what happens when you try to access :
http://your-host-name[:port]/emboss

And the irrelevant detail is :
If the above <Host> tag is the only one which is contained in the server.xml file, then

the line
<Alias>10.0.102.165</Alias>
is unnecessary.  Tomcat will default to this Host anyway for all accesses.