tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: TOMCAT 64bit & 32BIT differences - URGENT
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 14:10:00 GMT
On 07/07/2011 15:07, Jeffrey Janner wrote:
> Saj-khan:
>
> You will need a 64-bit Java implementation, and the 64-bit version of the tomcat.exe
wrapper program in the bin directory. Last I checked, the tomcatw.exe program is still 32-bit,
as it only has to manipulate the registry.

> If you are also using the APR protocol for your connectors, you will need the 64-bit
version of the native libraries.

> The current tomcat installer will automatically install the correct bit-version of these
components for the operating system you are running under. Please note that if you install
tomcat onto a 64-bit OS, you must have a 64-bit version of Java.  It cannot run a 32-bit JVM.

Wrong. You can quite happily run a 32-bit JVM on 64-bit Windows.

Mark