tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Mark Thomas <>
Subject Re: Multiple errors (regressions) on Tomcat 7.0.17
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2011 17:54:09 GMT
On 04/07/2011 16:56, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 03/07/2011 15:14, eurotrans-Verlag wrote:
>>>> 2) When using the ISAPI Redirector 1.2.32 and Tomcat Native 1.1.20
>>> which is
>>>> included in the windows distribution, I get these errors when a
>>> client makes
>>>> a request to IIS which is redirected to Tomcat, resulting in 100% CPU
>>> usage
>>>> by tomcat's process:
>>> Under what circumstances? Some requests, all requests? The APR/native
>>> AJP connector works with mod_jk and mod_proxy_ajp on linux so it looks
>>> like either the ISAPI redirector is sending something unexpected that
>>> isn't handled well or the windows specific code in the APR/native
>>> connector isn't handling something.
>> For this test, I downloaded the Tomcat 7.0.17 (windows 64 bit) and extracted
>> it to a directory. I didn't changed anything in the Tomcat directory (also
>> not the config files). I set the ISAPI Redirector 1.2.32 to redirect all
>> requests to Tomcat on port 8009, using ajp13.
> OK. I've set up IIS 7 and Tomcat 7.0.17 and I see the same thing.
> There has been some refactoring of the connector code but (famous last
> words) it should have been harmless. I'm looking at this now...

The problem has been found and fixed. I'm leaning towards stopping the
7.0.17 release and re-starting with a 7.0.18 tag.


To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message