tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: The requested resource (/manager/status) is not available
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2011 06:41:23 GMT
Diedershagen, Stephan wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I am trying since a few hours to find out what will be the reason for
> getting the error The requested resource (/manager/status) is not
> available.
>
> I also used google but I got no solution.
>
> I have running the Apache Tomcat/6.0.16 on SLES 11.
>
> These URL's won't work:
>
> http://srvplm61:8030/manager/status
>
> http://srvplm61:8030/manager/html
>
> http://srvplm61:8030/docs/changelog.html
>
> http://srvplm61:8030/docs
>

> The only which works is http://srvplm61:8030/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
>

> Any ideas?

A guess : you are installing Tomcat via a SLES package, and that package does not contain

the Manager application, nor the Tomcat documentation.
Check your SLES Tomcat-related packages, and see if you did not forget to install something.

Note: in general, if you are installing Tomcat from a OS-supplied package (such as the
SLES software disks), the people here would not know what these packages contain or where

they install things.  You should direct your questions to the people who provided the
packages (in this case Suse).