tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dark Before Dawn <dark.before.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 7 Embedded: Manager
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2011 19:49:56 GMT
Hi Pid, hi Cuck!
thanks for your help. Your suggestions fixed the naming issues :) thanks!

But the error still occurs.

FAIL - Encountered exception javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException: Tomcat:type=Deployer,host=localhost

I noticed an empty javax.management.ObjectName[0] Array, when browsing Servlet via jconsole.
This could be in correlation to the exception above.
See screenshots for further reference.

If this is over we definitively need to grab some beer, I am buying :)

Am 01.07.2011 17:54, schrieb Pid:
> On 01/07/2011 12:44, Dark Before Dawn wrote:
>> Hi Pid,
>> i guess the problem is that the manager-servlet's context is "mounted"
>> at root and the ServletMapping points to /manager.
>>
>>> server.addContext("", baseDirectory);
>>> ctx.addServletMapping("/manager/*", manager-servlet);
>> So all relative paths will point to root
> That's easy to change, no?
>
>   server.addContext("/manager", baseDirectory);
>   ctx.addServletMapping("/text/*", manager-servlet);
>
> Note the additional '*' in the security collection:
>
>   collection.addPattern("/text/*");
>
> (The role usually assigned for the text manager servlet is "manager-script")

>> ie:
>>
>> localhost/manager/html vs localhost/html
>>
>> I don't know what I am exactly searching for at jconsole, so here is a overview :)
>> Thnx and cheers
>> Darky

>>> 1. Connect to your running instance with JConsole*.
>>> 2. Examine the MBeans published by the instance.