tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dark Before Dawn <dark.before.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 7 Embedded: Manager
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2011 09:40:39 GMT
Hi again,
this is realy driving me nuts for weeks :)

I am developing a Java SE application using *Tomcat* 7 in embedded mode.
  I am attempting to use the *tomcat* manager application
(ManagerServlet) and Ant tasks to perform operations on the running
*tomcat* instance.  Tasks such as list, start, stop work fine, however
the deploy and undeploy tasks *fail* with the following *exception* (see
below).  I actually get the same *exception* when trying to use the
manager web interface (HTMLManagerServlet) which leads me to believe
that this is a general configuration issue somewhere or misunderstanding
in my code.

I guess there is still something wrong with my mappings as Chuck noticed.

/manager/html
/manager/jmxproxy
/manager/status
/manager/text

I realy read the API Documentation and UnitTest examples and haven't got
any further :(

Code:
http://www.pastie.org/private/rehlryloo0zyl9korkupq

Errors via ANT and Web:

FAIL - Encountered exception javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException: Tomcat:type=Deployer,host=localhost

Trace:
01.07.2011 11:28:57 org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log
manager-servlet: managerServlet.check[/sample]
javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException: Tomcat:type=Deployer,host=localhost
	at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.getMBean(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:1094)
	at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:833)
	at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(JmxMBeanServer.java:761)
	at org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet.isServiced(ManagerServlet.java:1433)
	at org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet.deploy(ManagerServlet.java:721)
	at org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet.doGet(ManagerServlet.java:350)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:621)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:304)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:240)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:164)
	at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:462)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:164)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:100)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)
	at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:399)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:317)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:204)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:311)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Cheers Darky

Am 28.06.2011 03:42, schrieb Caldarale, Charles R:
>> From: Dark Before Dawn [mailto:dark.before.dawn@gmail.com]
>> Subject: Re: Tomcat 7 Embedded: Manager
>> When using HTMLManagerServlet and navigating to http://localhost/manager
>> the Manager's HTML Interface will appear.
> It shouldn't, unless you've been playing with the mappings in WEB-INF/web.xml.  The valid
URL paths are:

> /manager/html
> /manager/jmxproxy
> /manager/status
> /manager/text
>
> There is no /manager mapping, nor is there supposed to be one.  Note that each mapping
has its own security constraint.