tomcat-users mailing list archives

From javaguy44 <>
Subject Tomcat JDBC Pool StackOverflow exception when running Spring Standalone
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2011 14:40:21 GMT

I'm currently evaluating Tomcat JDBC Pool after reading all the good things
Filip Hanik had to say about it!

I was expecting it to be a drop in replacement for commons dbcp but after
spending over a half day on this now I'm getting frustrated and am not
closer to a solution.

Using a mysql database against an innodb table, I'm getting
java.lang.StackOverflowError when using tomcat jdbc pool; it just seems to
continuously try to create connections even though my settings are
initialSize=10 and minIdle=10

I've attached my spring applicationContext-db.xml

Note that:
 - when using commons dbcp datasource, I can connect without issue
 - when I comment out the commons dbcp datasource and try to use
tomcat.jdbc.pool.DataSource, I get a the StackOverflow exception
 - I'm using:
   - xp pro 32bit
   - java 6 to be precise
   - mysql 5.1.37
   - Spring 2.5.6 sec1
   - jdbc pool

My tomcat jdbc pool settings were taken from(just a slightly modified
version) of

Would appreciate any feedback or suggestions...thanks!

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message