tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rohan Kadam <roha...@cybage.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat is not able to connect to IPV4 (Tomcat Version : 7.0.14)
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2011 04:18:44 GMT
I apologize for the typo made by me. I used  only "-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true" in the
java option pane. But it didn't work.

-----Original Message-----
From: Konstantin Kolinko [mailto:knst.kolinko@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2011 12:17 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat is not able to connect to IPV4 (Tomcat Version : 7.0.14)

2011/7/4 Caldarale, Charles R <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com>:
>> From: Rohan Kadam [mailto:rohanka@cybage.com]
>> Subject: RE: Tomcat is not able to connect to IPV4 (Tomcat Version :
>> 7.0.14)
>
>> This is the line I was talking about -
>> JAVA_OPTS="-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true"
>
> Which explains why it's being ignored.  The line should simply be:
>
> -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
>
> Just like all the other -D lines shown in the Java tab of tomcat7w...
>
> (If you don't have any other -D lines in the Java tab, your Tomcat
> installation is broken.)

It is ignored, because OP uses APR (aka native) connector, and Java properties have no influence
on it, per

> ["http-apr-/0.0.0.0-7070"-exec-8] ERROR rcl.HttpHelper

I do not know what "rcl.HttpHelper" is.  What else is in the logs? - other messages, stack
traces? What is exact text of those?

Anyway, there are two other connector implementations available, that can be used instead
of the APR one.

"Legal Disclaimer: This electronic message and all contents contain information from Cybage
Software Private Limited which may be privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from
disclosure. The information is intended to be for the addressee(s) only. If you are not an
addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error please notify the sender
by reply e-mail to and destroy the original message and all copies. Cybage has taken every
reasonable precaution to minimize the risk of malicious content in the mail, but is not liable
for any damage you may sustain as a result of any malicious content in this e-mail. You should
carry out your own malicious content checks before opening the e-mail or attachment."
www.cybage.com