tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rohan Kadam <roha...@cybage.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat is not able to connect to IPV4 (Tomcat Version : 7.0.14)
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2011 04:38:32 GMT

Rohan Kadam.

-----Original Message-----
From: Konstantin Kolinko [mailto:knst.kolinko@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, July 02, 2011 2:08 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat is not able to connect to IPV4 (Tomcat Version : 7.0.14)

2011/6/30 Rohan Kadam <rohanka@cybage.com>:
> Hi All,
>
> We had recently upgraded tomcat from 5.5.30 to 7.0.14. We were earlier
> facing problem that tomcat was not able to connect using Static IP
> address. The fix that we found was adding address = "0.0.0.0" in the
> Connector tag of server.xml in the "conf" directory.

1) What exactly is "not able"?  Do you have a stacktrace?

Maybe some other process already uses that port number? Was the value for address a correct
one?

> <Connector port="7070" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
>               maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" maxSpareThreads="75"
>               enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443" acceptCount="100"
>               connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true"
> address="0.0.0.0" />

2) What exactly connector is being used?

In your configuration Tomcat autoselects between two:
"Http11Protocol" or "Http11AprProtocol"
 - which one is actually used  is mentioned in the logs.

> After upgrading tomcat to  7.0.14, we have done the same process, but
> we are not able to connect.

"we have done the same process" means you are trying to use "0.0.0.0"
like you did with 5.5 and now it fails? (or that you tried your proper network address and
failed with that, but 0.0.0.0 works)?

> The OS we found these issues are Win XP, Win 2008.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

"Legal Disclaimer: This electronic message and all contents contain information from Cybage
Software Private Limited which may be privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from
disclosure. The information is intended to be for the addressee(s) only. If you are not an
addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error please notify the sender
by reply e-mail to and destroy the original message and all copies. Cybage has taken every
reasonable precaution to minimize the risk of malicious content in the mail, but is not liable
for any damage you may sustain as a result of any malicious content in this e-mail. You should
carry out your own malicious content checks before opening the e-mail or attachment."
www.cybage.com