tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mikolaj Rydzewski <>
Subject Re: TOMCAT 64bit & 32BIT differences - URGENT
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 14:07:33 GMT
 On Thu, 7 Jul 2011 06:52:30 -0700 (PDT), saj-khan wrote:

> i have been asked to change a set of servers from 32bit to 64bit for
> tomcat
> and java
> if it turns out that the java is the only thing i need ot change it
> will
> save me tons of work
> if the tomcat needs to be installed that nots a biggy as i can copy
> and
> paste the tomcat folder into the place of the existing and put back
> the conf
> and webapps folder so in theory this will allow me to work as if
> nothing
> changed....

 Java upgrade is mandatory.

 You do not need to change Tomcats. It's Java, the only thing you need
 to change is JVM itself. As long as you use .bat files to start Tomcat
 you don't need to worry.

 I'm not sure what about additional binaries (tomcat.exe, tomcatw.exe,
 etc), running tomcat as a system service.

 Mikolaj Rydzewski <>

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message