tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael S├╝dkamp <Michael.Suedk...@docware.de>
Subject server status reports long request times
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2011 08:15:22 GMT
Hello,

>From time to time we have customers  experiencing Tomcat going to 100% CPU.  One customer
sent us the output from the server status page from the Tomcat 6.0.32 Manager web-app. This
page reports a lot of HTTP connector requests belonging to a certain client with stage value
"S" and "time" values between 1000000 and 3000000 ms, i.e. almost one hour. We don't know
what causes the requests to never finish. Believe me our web-app is not in a loop. Maybe it's
a problem with the database but we have already often spend a lot of time to analyze   but
couldn't find a problem on our side. Anyway,  isn't Tomcat somehow capable to detect such
hanging requests (say requests that take longer than a minute) and kill them? I studied the
HTTP connector reference but haven't found a parameter related to this. The system runs on
a Windows Server 2008 R2 and Java 5 (OK we could ask the customer to upgrade Java).

Best regards

Michael