tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "honyk" <>
Subject Tomcat 7 faces servlet encoding issue
Date Sat, 30 Jul 2011 09:09:26 GMT
Hello Everyone,

when migrating my JSF 2.0 app from tomcat 6.0.32 to the version 7.0.19 I've
encountered the following encoding issue.

I have a simple JSF (xhtml) page with an embedded SVG image in it <object
type="image/svg+xml" data="encoding.svg">. In the web.xml file there is a
faces servlet mapping set to the '/faces' path fragment.

In tomcat 6 there is no difference between these two links

but in Tomcat 7 I am getting different results. The first is Ok while the
second, processed by faces servlet, breaks the encoding.

Together with my app I ship JSTL 1.1 and Mojarra 2.0.6 (jsf-api & jsf-impl)

Is there necessary to set something else in my app to get the same (correct)
result also in Tomcat 7?

I haven't found anything related here:

Any idea?

To unsubscribe, e-mail: