tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "eurotrans-Verlag" <verlag.preis...@t-online.de>
Subject RE: Multiple errors (regressions) on Tomcat 7.0.17
Date Sun, 03 Jul 2011 14:14:47 GMT
Hi Mark,

> If you explicitly set crawlerUserAgents, that will be resolved.
Thanks.

> 
> > 2) When using the ISAPI Redirector 1.2.32 and Tomcat Native 1.1.20
> which is
> > included in the windows distribution, I get these errors when a
> client makes
> > a request to IIS which is redirected to Tomcat, resulting in 100% CPU
> usage
> > by tomcat's process:
> 
> Under what circumstances? Some requests, all requests? The APR/native
> AJP connector works with mod_jk and mod_proxy_ajp on linux so it looks
> like either the ISAPI redirector is sending something unexpected that
> isn't handled well or the windows specific code in the APR/native
> connector isn't handling something.

For this test, I downloaded the Tomcat 7.0.17 (windows 64 bit) and extracted
it to a directory. I didn't changed anything in the Tomcat directory (also
not the config files). I set the ISAPI Redirector 1.2.32 to redirect all
requests to Tomcat on port 8009, using ajp13.

I made this exact request multiple times to IIS:

GET / HTTP/1.1
Host: localhost
Connection: keep-alive

This should be handled by the default Tomcat root webapp (which displays the
Tomcat welcome page).
The first 2-4 requests work (the number is not always the same), but then on
the next request, Tomcat CPU usage goes up to 100% and the client never
receives a response (then Tomcat displays the error "Critical poller
failure" some multiple times).

03.07.2011 16:03:49 org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$Poller run
SCHWERWIEGEND: Critical poller failure (restarting poller): [610038] APR
does not understand this error code


In the isapi log, following lines appear (log_level=info):

[Sun Jul 03 15:54:44.530 2011] [2908:2664] [info] init_jk::jk_isapi_plugin.c
(2602): Starting Jakarta/ISAPI/isapi_redirector/1.2.32 ()
[Sun Jul 03 15:54:44.546 2011] [2908:2664] [info] init_jk::jk_isapi_plugin.c
(2781): Jakarta/ISAPI/isapi_redirector/1.2.32 () initialized
[Sun Jul 03 15:54:46.327 2011] [2908:1968] [error]
ajp_connection_tcp_get_message::jk_ajp_common.c (1296): wrong message format
0x0000 from 127.0.0.1:8009
[Sun Jul 03 15:54:46.452 2011] [2908:1968] [error]
ajp_get_reply::jk_ajp_common.c (2118): (worker1) Tomcat is down or refused
connection. No response has been sent to the client (yet)
[Sun Jul 03 15:54:46.452 2011] [2908:1968] [info]
ajp_service::jk_ajp_common.c (2607): (worker1) sending request to tomcat
failed (recoverable), because of protocol error (attempt=1)


After this occurs, Tomcat doesn't respond to subsequent requests (sent via
IIS).

Then, on shutdown, Tomcat prints:

03.07.2011 16:07:27 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer await
INFO: A valid shutdown command was received via the shutdown port. Stopping
the Server instance.
03.07.2011 16:07:27 org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol pause
INFO: Pausing ProtocolHandler [http-apr-8080]
03.07.2011 16:07:28 org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol pause
INFO: Pausing ProtocolHandler [ajp-apr-8009]
03.07.2011 16:07:29 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService stopInternal
INFO: Stopping service Catalina
03.07.2011 16:07:29 org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol stop
INFO: Stopping ProtocolHandler [http-apr-8080]

After those lines are printed, it takes some time, then these lines are
printed (a new line is printed every second until I kill the tomcat
process):

WARNUNG: Acceptor thread [http-apr-8080-Acceptor-0] failed to unlock.
Forcing hard socket shutdown.
03.07.2011 16:08:30 org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint stopInternal
WARNUNG: Acceptor thread [http-apr-8080-Acceptor-0] failed to unlock.
Forcing hard socket shutdown.
03.07.2011 16:08:31 org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint stopInternal
WARNUNG: Acceptor thread [http-apr-8080-Acceptor-0] failed to unlock.
Forcing hard socket shutdown.
03.07.2011 16:08:32 org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint stopInternal
WARNUNG: Acceptor thread [http-apr-8080-Acceptor-0] failed to unlock.
Forcing hard socket shutdown.


When I delete the Tomcat 7.0.17 and download the regular 7.0.16 (and extract
it to the same directory, and don't change any of the Tomcat files), it
works fine.


Regards,

Konstantin Prei├čer


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org


Mime
View raw message