tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Simon Olofsson <si...@olofsson.de>
Subject Re: ServletRequestListener and Expect-Header
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2011 09:06:56 GMT
André,

sorry for my late response.

On 06/09/2011 08:20 PM, André Warnier wrote:
> As I read the API for the ServletRequestListener, I understand that this
> thing is called very early in the cycle.  The spirit seems to be :
> provide a way to warn as soon as possible that a servlet request has
> come in.
> Perhaps even, before we even know that it is really a /HTTP/ servlet
> request.

from [1]:
"A ServletRequest is defined as coming into scope of a web application
when it is about to enter the first servlet or filter of the web
application [...]"

So the Listener is only called when this is a valid ServletRequest. The
Connector ensures that only valid Request are forwarded to the application.

[1]
http://download.oracle.com/javaee/6/api/javax/servlet/ServletRequestListener.html

Regards
Simon