tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jocelyn Ireson-Paine <p...@j-paine.org>
Subject RE: Null-pointer exception from response.encodeUrl under Windows Tomcat 7
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 08:47:48 GMT
On Thu, 9 Jun 2011, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:

>> From: Jocelyn Ireson-Paine [mailto:popx@j-paine.org] Subject:
>> Null-pointer exception from response.encodeUrl under Windows Tomcat 7
>
>> I'm getting sporadic null-pointer exceptions from
>> 'response.encodeUrl'.
>
> First off, let me say that it's an unexpected pleasure to read such a
> complete (and literate) problem description; this is a model of what
> we'd like to see in all enquiries.

Thanks for the compliment, Chuck. It's nice of you to say it publicly.
There's an essay that I read whenever I want to remind myself how to ask
for help, and I'll mention it here in case others find it useful. Some
will already know it: "How To Ask Questions The Smart Way", by Eric
Raymond and Rick Moen, http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
.

> - Chuck

Jocelyn