tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Adler <thomas.ad...@live.com>
Subject FW: How to configure Tomcate 7 to remove OutOfMemory permgen error
Date Sun, 19 Jun 2011 19:57:55 GMT

Hi!

I am trying to use MyEclipse - I have simple database with 5 tables and I am trying to use
MyEclipse Spring 3 CURD application scaffolding to generate Spring CRUD application, that
uses Spring 3, Hibernat, Java Servlets 3, JSF 2 and Primefaces 2.1 JSF components - as I understand
- Tomcat 7 support such applications. My problem is that during deployment of generated application
Tomcat 7 reports OutOfMemory permgen error. I have experienced similar error on other application
servers previously (e.g. Glassfish), but I could remove it then by changing server configuration.

I have tried to change Tomcat 7 configuration as well - e.g. added JAVA_OPTS to Catalina configuration
file, added environment variable JAVA_OPTS to my Microsoft Vista machine:
"-XX:PermSize=1024M -XX:MaxPermSize=1024M"
but permgen error occurs again and again (even after restarting computer and so on). I am
using Tomcat 7.0.14.
So - the question is - how to configure Tomcat 7 to increase the available memory?

If I have tried to deploy my application on Tomcat 6 and for biggest part it gone well, namely,
at the end it does not work, because Tomcat 6 is not for Servlet 3 (as I understand), but
at least - there were not permgen errors.

Thanks for an help!
Thomas