tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Crowther <peter.crowt...@melandra.com>
Subject Re: pauses on simple .html pages
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2011 18:00:28 GMT
On 9 June 2011 21:25, <tomcat@r322.com> wrote:
> I have a script setup does a wget hit to docs/config/valve.html
> every 1 second. If the wget call takes longer than 1 second it
> grabs a bunch of stats -- iostat, vmstat, top, jstack, last 30
> lines of jvm.log.

Nice setup - I wish more people did that!  Can I just ask a Really
Dumb Question: *exactly* when does this grab the stats?  Does it wait
for the response, or does it start gathering as soon as it's aware of
a problem (say, at 1 second)?  At the moment, for example, jstack
might not be showing anything because you're gathering data after the
call has completed.

- Peter