tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat failed to accept SSL connection in jvm mode
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2011 23:54:34 GMT
2011/6/24 daniel.yeung.biz <daniel.yeung.biz@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
> I start tomcat in jvm mode by 'Monitor Tomcat' UI,google chrome gets error:
> 107 (net::ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR), IE 9.0 cannot open SSL connection too.

Please read here, starting with "When asking questions on the list, please ...":
  http://tomcat.apache.org/lists.html#tomcat-users

> In 'Startup' tab of 'Monitor Tomcat' UI, there are 2 different results:
> 1. when field 'mode' is set to 'jvm', browser cannot open SSL connection.
> 2. when field 'mode' is set to 'java', browser opened SSL connection
> successfully.
>
> %JAVA_HOME% points to IBM JRE, in 'java' mode, it can work, failed in jvm mode.

Guessing about your OS and your environment....

I suspect you are running different JREs in the above cases.  BTW,
IIRC JAVA_HOME variable is not applicable at all, when Tomcat is run
as a service.  Launch 'Configure Tomcat' and see what JRE/JVM path is
there.

Anyway, you can enable debug logging in the service runner (on one of
the pages in the 'Configure Tomcat' dialog).