tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rehtron <nert...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Allow Servlet to Control "100-continue" response
Date Sun, 19 Jun 2011 10:59:52 GMT
Thanks to all who reply.

Yes, I am developing a REST interface for a large file storage system by
Servlet & Tomcat.

The Expect 100-continue is highly inefficient for LARGE file transfer, I
need to validate HTTP header by our access control logic when PUT a file, if
the headers is invalid, the transfer request  will be refused before the
client to send the body.

But I cannot implement this scenario by Servlet, Tomcat will always pass the
request header & body to my Servlet at once.

I will investigate the Tomcat Valve mechanism, but one thing is for sure,
the Valve based implementation depend on the Tomcat private implementation,
that means I cannot use Jetty to do unit test.

Can Servlet 3.0 Comet implement this?

Thanks.

Zijian.