tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jesse Farinacci <>
Subject Re: Dreaded No Java compiler available
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2011 22:05:53 GMT

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 4:37 PM, Konstantin Kolinko
<> wrote:
> Latest Tomcat 6 and Tomcat 7 do use the ecj compiler from Eclipse IDE
> project directly, without repacking it.
> If you are struggling with maven, some discussion of troubles with
> downloading ecj is here:

Thank you, Konstantin! Adding the following solved my issue:

I am now able to compile my JSPs on the fly, automatically, in Apache
Tomcat. Despite Mark's comments about bulky downloads in the link you
gave earlier, I find it adds only ~1.5Mb to the already dense ~25Mb
executable jar which I'm building.

Thank you,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: