tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <>
Subject Re: error in clustering: NullPointerException at$BlockDataOutputStream.getUTFLength
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 10:04:03 GMT
2011/6/17 Ronald Klop <>:
> Regarding 'wine'. (...)
> Darn, I look closer now and see the 'unless="skip.installer"' in dist.xml.

Wine is required to build the exe installer.
This step can be turned off, as you have found.

> Thanks, I'm very close to debugging Tomcat myself. Is it easy to edit Tomcat
> in a Eclipse project?

Yes.  There are sample projects
(In TC6: cp "eclipse.project"  ".project" and cp "eclipse.classpath"
in TC7 the files are in res/ide-support).

To debug:
1. Build Tomcat (the "deploy" target in Ant)

2. Run catalina.bat|.sh to start it in debug mode:
catalina jpda start

3. Start "remote" debugger from within Eclipse.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: