tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sascha Hesse <sjhe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 7.0.14 / 6.0.32 session gets obviously invalid after request / JSESSIONID changes
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 09:02:57 GMT
it was set in a header.
But I already figured out what the Problem was.
For the Browser (Firefox 4) .localhost is not a valid domain for a cookie.
Some documents on the web say, that for localhost domain has to be empty.
This also didn't work.
The solution was requesting the service with a full qualified hostname
and then setting the cookie according to the fqn.

Hope this helps everybody who runs in the same pitfall.

Regards Sascha