tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tomcat 5.5 ------ log4j:ERROR LogMananger.repositorySelector was null likely due to error in class reloading, using NOPLoggerRepository.
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2011 13:58:21 GMT
2011/6/20 WEIQUAN YUAN <weiquan.yuan@gmail.com>:
> I can run without problem locally for app testPhoenix in eclipse
> server, but when deploy to linux box, I got error like below
>

> 20-Jun-2011 9:19:24 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
> SEVERE: Error listenerStart
> 20-Jun-2011 9:19:24 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
> SEVERE: Context [/testPhoenix] startup failed due to previous errors
> log4j:ERROR LogMananger.repositorySelector was null likely due to
> error in class reloading, using NOPLoggerRepository.
>

> This error is very short and I googled online for this error, but can
> not figure out either.  how to make this error more clarified?

1. What exact version of Tomcat 5.5.x you are using?

2. It says that it is class loading issue. What jars to you have on
the server ind in your webapp?

And what version of log4j you are using?

3. How logging is configured in your webapp and in Tomcat?

4. Have you tried log4j mailing list?
http://logging.apache.org/log4j/

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko