tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: fail to download large static files in tomcat
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 10:57:44 GMT
2011/6/30 Michal Singer <Michal.Singer@expand.com>:
> I didn't want to upgrade the tomcat yet, since I had some problems with the ssl certificate
after upgrade,

Most problems with ssl are when Tomcat (auto-)switches between Apr and
non-Apr implementation (see below),  because Apr and non-Apr SSL
implementations have different configuration.

> so it might take a while until I succeed. Do you mean to upgrade to 7 or to more advanced
builds of 6? Which do you recommend?

To 6.0.32.

> I am using nio connector.
> Actually this was a very good question. I changed the connector to HTTP/1.1 and now the
download works !!!

> This was the configuration I had in the server.xml which did not work for large files:
>
> <Connector executor="AgentExecutor" port="8088" protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"
SSLEnabled="false" scheme="http" secure="false" redirectPort="8080" connectionTimeout="2000"
enableLookups="false" disableUploadTimeout="true" allowTrace="false" maxKeepAliveRequests="1"
processorCache="800" acceptorThreadCount="1" />

> And I changed this to:
> <Connector executor="AgentExecutor" port="8088" protocol="HTTP/1.1" SSLEnabled="false"
scheme="http" secure="false" redirectPort="8080" connectionTimeout="2000" enableLookups="false"
disableUploadTimeout="true" allowTrace="false" maxKeepAliveRequests="1" processorCache="800"
acceptorThreadCount="1" />

Your change to protocol="HTTP/1.1" means that it will auto-select HTTP
connector implementation.

That means it will choose Bio(Jio) when tcnative (dll/so) is absent
and Apr when tcnative (dll/so) library is present.  What connector
implementation is used can be seen in the logs when Tomcat starts.

> Thank you very much.
> I don't understand why the nio does not work.

Nio was considered experimental three years ago. There was a number of
fixes since then.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko