tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: My web application to use SSL (JSSE - RSA)
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2011 17:05:34 GMT
> From: Charles Van Damme [mailto:chavadam@gmail.com]
> Subject: My web application to use SSL (JSSE - RSA)

> I'm trying to get my first applic using SSL started. I read
> therefor SSL Configuration HOW-TO n times.

Including the part about there being *two* SSL mechanisms?  Which one are you actually using,
APR or pure Java?

> When I compile and run my 'Test1' applic inside the IDE

When diagnosing problems, simplify the environment as much as possible: get the IDE out of
the picture.  Go ahead and build your webapp with the IDE, but run Tomcat separately.  IDEs
have a nasty habit of using their own configurations for servers, ignoring what you think
you've got set.

> Pls, see a copy of my 'Tomcat 7.0' output window in the attached
> WordPad file (8-jun-2011 18:05:11 Tomcat issue.rtf).

Stripped, thankfully.  (See below about viruses.)

> Why doesn't Apache Tomcat use a usual forum application on a
> website for all his support questions ?

Because forums are crap.

> My mailbox is getting quickly much too full ...

Learn where the delete key is.

> No provision for "Quote" neither "Code" inserts ...

Or viruses.  Messages are all in plain text.

 - Chuck