tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Claver <kcla...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: error-page for http 500 error code does not work
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2011 12:56:14 GMT
Chris,

Through further investigation, I now believe the JSF framework I'm using is absorbing the
error, and the framework's error page is what is throwing the 500 error.  I wonder if the
500 error thrown by the framework's error page should fall through to the custom error page
servlet I've created?

The JSF framework is the Sun Visual Web Pack that is no longer supported on the Oracle Netbeans
IDE.  I posted on the forum for Netbeans in the hopes that someone can tell me how to disable
the default exception handler for the Visual Web Pack.

Thanks!

Kevin,

On 6/3/2011 9:43 AM, Kevin Claver wrote:
> When the custom error servlet fails to display, I get the stock tomcat http 500 error
page.

> If I look at the access log, I see the 500 error:
>
> 192.168.xxx.xxx - - [02/Jun/2011:13:53:14 -0600] "POST /HMAApp/faces/main/TaskSearchTab.jsp
HTTP/1.0" 500 1000

So, you are sure the error happens in the requested JSP and not in the
error page itself?

If the error page suffers an error... it's all over.

- -chris