tomcat-users mailing list archives

From János Löbb <janos.l...@yale.edu>
Subject [cluster] jvmRoute question
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2011 16:35:49 GMT
Hi,

To take a tomcat instance out from a cluster, now I have a no-cluster.xml and in content it
is exactly the same as the server.xml, except the
<Cluster..../>
tag is commented out.

The question is should I also take out the jvmRoute="tc24x"  variable from the <Engine..../>
tag or leave it there.  My workers.properties file remain the same whether a tomcat instance
is member of a cluster or not, so I incline to leave it there.  On the other hand I did testing
as this variable was removed and I have not experienced any problem.

The hierarchy is  Server > Service > Engine > Cluster

Any good suggestion is highly appreciated.

János