tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Frey <rainer.f...@inxmail.de>
Subject Re: Problem with SSL certificate
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 06:47:20 GMT

On 29.06.2011, at 20:09, D'Anna, Rich (PHH) wrote:

> I'm guessing
> we are using the native APR connector based on the configuration we
> selected for the server.xml.
>
> When I looked in the logs I did find this entry:
>
> Jun 29, 2011 1:56:31 PM org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener
> init
> INFO: The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal
^^^^^^

> performance in production environments was not found on the
> java.library.path:
>
> I'm guessing from the error message we need to install the APR based
> Tomcat Native Library?  Is that correct?

Not entirely. It is an Info message, no error, and always occurs in the default
configuration. Your configuration means auto-detection of APR, and the message
says APR is not detected. Therefore the Java ("BIO") connector is used, and you
need to use the Java SSL configuration directives.
You *can* however install APR, if you want, as it is supposed to have better SSL
performance, and then use the APR configuration directives. It is unclear though
if the difference is actually noticeable for your users, and it is not /necessary/
just to get SSL to work.

Rainer