tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Possible servlet spec mismatch in async timeout situations
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2011 12:16:25 GMT
On 28/06/2011 09:39, fl-00@gmx.de wrote:
> Hi together,
>
> I think I found a possible mismatch against the servlet spec with async timeouts on Tomcat
7.0.16. When performing a dispatch() from within an onTimeout handler, Tomcat does not call
the onComplete handler after the request has been dispatched.
> The servlet spec states that an onComplete event will be triggered after dispatching,
and I cannot see any exception to this rule in the context of timeouts. See also the state
diagram on page 19: onComplete must always be called.

Yep, that is a bug. I have updated the unit tests locally to cover this
and am working on a fix now.

Thanks for the report, it has highlighted a number of interesting edge
cases that weren't being covered. These will also be covered in the
updated unit tests and any fixes required will also be made.

Cheers,

Mark